Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break

This last week we all went to Mesquite for spring break. It was one of the funnest trips I have ever been on. It was also really nice that we got out of the nasty weather in Idaho for a while. Thanks Aunt T for letting us stay with you!

At Grandma and Grandpa DeJongs house before we headed out on the long drive.




We got to go dirt biking while we were down there. The guys were so patient with me and how slow I was. I was so frusterated with riding in the sad and Jake was so good with me. He let me ride his big bike so that I could make it through the sand easier. Mitch also crashed his bike trying to go over a cliff. He ended up putting some holes in his radiator but the boys worked on it all day the next day and they were able to get it fixed so they could go riding again without the girls.
My cute hubby on his dirt bike.



Everyone checking out Mitch's busted up radiator.


A hill the boys were climbing. It doesn't look that steep, but it really is!


The cliff at the top of this pic is the one that Mitch smashed his radiator on.



While all the boys were trying to fix Mitch's radiator us girls got to hang out at the pool. I can't even tell you how nice it was to finally have sun!




Baby Kade thought that being stuck through the pieces of plastic in the chair was the coolest invention ever. He jumped around in there for a few minutes until we were afraid he would fall all the way through.



Conner and Kade



Chelsea and I were the Queens of Guitar Hero at the hotel. It was sad how much we really played!


All the boys in the hot tub after a day of hard riding without the girls.




Mitch thought he needed to wake Conner up so he tipped his matress over while Conner was in it! Needless to say, Conner was not very happy with this whole scenario.



While we were packing our suitcase to go home we were also keeping an eye on Kade while Mitch and Chelsea were getting ready. We stuck him in our suitcase and he loved it! There was so much to play with!

Conner and Jake decided that they wanted to be on a bobsledding team so after we were done loading all of our stuff into the car they took the luggage carrier back to the hotel.
Some very sleepy boys on the way home.
I really do have the best in-laws ever! I am so glad that they do trips like this as a whole family. It is something that I look forward to all year long.

6 comments:

kaleen said...

What a fun break, glad you were able to do it! By the way...

*Happy Birthday!*

Hope it's a good one :)

Mitch Chelsea Littlewood Family said...

Your post was a lot better than mine. How do you do more than one picture? Do you have to do a seperate post for each?

SHELBYand LANDON said...

You guys are so dang cute!! Come stay with us ANYTIME!!!!

Mandy said...

What a fun trip. I don't know who baby Kade is but he is stinkin cute

DaNae said...

Hey Shannon! I found you on Kelli's blog. You and your hubby are so cute! Your vacation looked way fun... I'm very jealous of the sun.

My blog is thersladefam.blogspot.com if you want to stalk me. :) I'm going to add you now, though. I want to more than stalk you. :P Wait, that doesn't sound right...

Eddins Family said...

Hey Shannon I'm glad I found your blog! You look like you're doing great! Wow, I didn't even know you were married and here you've been married for 1 year! Time really flies! Course your still newlyweds! We're going on 7 years! Yikes! Well I hope everything is going great for you guys!....Oh and funny thing...Chelsea is from Hamer, where I live! Small world!