Saturday, November 15, 2008

ICU

For those of you who don't know, my dad was admitted to EIRMC's ICU yesterday. My dad had shoulder surgery Wed and has been home recovering. My mom was leaving for work yesterday morning and heard my dad kind of gurgleing when he breathed. She asked him if he was ok and he said he was. She though that maybe he just needed to cough and get some crap out of his throat.
Savanna came home in the middle of the day from school because one of her teachers had let her out early. She went to check on my dad and he was coughing up a large amount of blood. She called my mom and my mom told her to take him into the emergency room. When he got to the ER they checked his oxygen and it was 60% and he was still coughing up blood and working really hard to breath. They put my dad on a non-rebreather mask at 20 L of 100% O2 and he was sating in the high 80's. Needless to say they admitted him to the ICU at that point.

My mom is really scared because they have had her sign all of the papers that they can intubate my dad if they need to. They are running a bunch of tests to check for pulmonary blood clots and also aspiration infection.

In case any of you know my sisters Brandy and Cayla we aren't telling them right now. We would tell Brandy so she could come home and see my dad, but then Brandy would tell Cayla and she is in California in school until Thanksgiving and we don't want her to worry until we know what is wrong. So don't tell either of them.

All of your prayers are appreaciated.

1 comment:

Melody said...

We're praying for your Dad! Lee will come to visit soon, but Wyatt has croup and we don't want tp get anyone else sick, so I probably won't be able to come. Give him our best wishes, though.