Sunday, June 28, 2009

To Bone and Back



My moms side of the family, the Anderson's, all love to run. We thought for this year it would be fun to have our family reunion around the To-Bone&Back race. We didn't have quite enough people to form a team, but Connor and Chelsea my brother and sister in law stepped right in to help.
In this race, you hav 8 people on a team to finish the 40 miles. So that breaks down into 5 mile legs for everyone.




Chelsea ran leg 1 and did so awesome! She improved her time from her previous time doing the race by almost 30 mins! This picture is not actually of her running her leg of the race. I forgot to take a picture of her while she was running. So we posed this picture right before I started my leg of the race.



My Aunt Holly is an awesome runner! She took the up hill portion of the race, and when I say up hill I mean it is totally up hill. She did this part of the race and only took 50 mins! She is so awesome!




Now, let me preface Connors little bit with the fact that he occasionally goes jogging and has never done any serious training. Now, with saying that Connor finished 5 miles in 37 mins! He was so awesome! He is definetely on my team for next year!





Connor had to leave to go to work after he ran his leg of the race so we took a picture with all the Littlewoods before he left.




Melody took the bone (yes, they had us carry a fake bone as the baton) from Connor. Poor Melody had ran 8 miles the day before and then volunteered to help us fill a spot on our team left by my mom when her darn appendix ruptured. My mom is doing fine and recovering but just wasn't healed up enough to run. Thanks for filling in Mel!





Cayla did so good! She doesn't really enjoy running, but since she has been on the Sacramento State gymnastics team has been keeping it up. She has to get in so many hours of cardio a week for her training and running is the easiest way for her. I am so proud of her for how hard she ran!






Layne did very well. It always makes me mad at these boys that they can go out and run 5 miles without ever really training for running.







I had the easiest portion of the race and still didn't beat Connors time! I was able to finish in 40 mins which is an amazing time for me! I am very proud of it, but would have liked to beat Connors. Especially since I have actually been training for it.





Lee was amazing. In the heat of the day (on his birthday) he was able to finish his portion in 41 mins! He has lost alot of weight and is in really good shape now!





This was a picture of our team at the finish line, minus Connor. My team was so awesome! I can't believe the kind of times that they got!

I am hoping to definetely do this next year. I think I caught the running bug again. I need to sign up for some more races. Last year I sort of took the year off and it would be fun to get back into it again
Thanks to my team for all the hard work!













4 comments:

kaleen said...

um, 5 miles in 40 minutes?! yeah, you are amazing! I'm trying to get into running, but my mindset is so not there. hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to do what you just did! :D

Eddins Family said...

Wow 40 Minutes! Great Job! I did mine in 56! Which I'm proud of. Wow, look at those sexy legs! It was good to see you!

SHELBYand LANDON said...

That is awesome you guys did that!! Good job!! I admire people that run cause after a mile im so done!! Keep it up!

Lori said...

This looks like a first class team. Way to go! I have a hard time walking to my mail box, so I am very impressed!